Stress Relieving DIY Foot Lotion with Peppermint Oil
After all the walking, running, standing around for hours at a time, that’s got to take a toll on our feet. We can all agree that our feet need a little break every now and then, right? Cut your poor footsies some slack and give them some well-deserved pampering with this super effective, and super easy to make stress relieving DIY foot lotion.
This quick DIY foot lotion is infused with peppermint oil, which provides a soothing, ultra-cooling sensation to tired, achy feet. It also has sweet almond oil and avocado oil, which are popularly known for their extreme hydrating properties for hair, skin and nails.
This Stress Relieving DIY Foot Lotion with Peppermint Oil is Easy to Make
No need to worry about whipping out the saucepan (you can save that for dinner time). And you don’t even need to scramble through your dishes to look for a microwave-safe bowl. This DIY foot lotion requires zero heat, and minimal effort. All you’re going to need is the following:
- Sweet almond oil – Jam-packed with a high potency of Vitamin E, and is used for its astonishing, skin-silkening abilities. Sweet almond oil is easily absorbed into the skin, and helps protect sensitive skin (like that of your feet) from UV damage.
- Avocado oil – Used for its rich nutrients of natural fatty acids and skin-soothing properties. Avocado oil helps keep skin feeling soft, hydrated and youthful and supple.
- Peppermint oil – Popularly used for its excellent aromatherapy benefits because of its naturally calming, minty aroma. Peppermint oil naturally contains menthol, which gives it that fresh, cooling effect when applied topically to the skin, and has even been known to make skin appear brighter and youthful.
- Shea butter – Known for its incredibly moisturizing and nourishing benefits, shea butter also contains natural anti-inflammatory properties, as well as helps relieve itching of the skin (perfect for dry skin on feet).
- Bowl and mixer (hand or stand will do)
Where to get the ingredients? Shea butter, avocado oil, and sweet almond oil can easily be purchased online, or can typically be found in the pharmacy section of most convenience stores, as well as your local beauty supply store.
Preparing Your Stress Relieving DIY Foot Lotion
In a mixing bowl, use a mixer to thoroughly combine ½ cup of shea butter, 4 tbsp avocado oil, 5 tbsp sweet almond oil, and about 20-30 dashes of peppermint oil.
Mix the ingredients together for a few moments until a creamy paste has begun to form. Transfer your finished DIY foot lotion to a container to store.
For maximum shelf life, keep your DIY foot lotion stored in your refrigerator, or stored in a cool, dark place. Keep away from heat to avoid early expiration.
Your new stress relieving DIY foot lotion with peppermint oil is now ready to use. Enjoy!
For maximum stress relieving results for the feet, apply this DIY foot lotion 10 minutes before putting on your shoes for the day, and before bed, soaking feet for 20 minutes prior to application.